Take ownership for building and managing a world class Procurement & Quality Assurance (QA) Team responsible for developing, implementing, and executing company strategies that create and promote sustainable growth for the Company, its associates and suppliers.
- Develop and implement an annual procurement strategic plan, according to corporate objectives and budgetary requirements.
- Maintain and Develop relationships with current and new growers to ensure the most favorable terms and conditions for long term growth.
- Manage all procurement & QA department related activities, personnel, processes, and structure, including all related logistics of incoming shipments with related Airlines and freight forwarder.
- Responsible for ensuring a continuous supply of competitively priced products on a regular and timely basis.
- Analyze sales, procurement, and gross margin data to identify and develop production and product mix planning requirements in support of seasonal demand, sales programs, and promotions.
- Regularly calls and meets with key suppliers, freight forwarders and airlines. Assist sourcing representatives with maintaining grower relationships and negotiating and close win-win deals.
- Profile current and prospective suppliers based on the Company quality Specs and product mix requirements.
- Confer with suppliers and company officials to resolve complaints (liason between sales and sourcing)
- Responsible for implementing Quality Specifications among farms in support of brand integrity, image, and management. Including the implementation of brand changes for all suppliers/products and the inventories needed to meet volume requirements.
- Responsible for research and development in product diversification and product mix, to expand and maximize profitability in all product lines.
- Work with QA to review, upgrade and create quality specifications in current and new product lines.
- Responsible for overseeing production forecasts that are received from farms in support of volume requirements and product planning.
- Develop monthly evaluation of growers and products in support of maintaining required volumes and Brand Integrity.
- Together with QC & Marketing participation schedule regular products/growers benchmarking to monitor and evaluate overall quality, packaging, and presentation of our branded products vs top competitors.
- Daily review all data obtained during all quality assurance activities/inspections to ensure quality, packaging, presentation to maintain brand consistency within current suppliers.
- Responsible for overseeing initial communication (first contact) and samples from new farms.
- Implement weekly and monthly progress report (Scorecard by farm) including flowers placed in Local by QA upon arrival, tracking the number of occurrences per farm MTD & YTD totals.
- Monitor that all growers meet and maintain uniform packaging according to packaging specifications.
- Respond to and proactively work to address and reduce customer complaints related to overall quality, assortments, and packaging issues.
- Represent company at trade shows to evaluate new products, varieties, and potential new growers.
- Work with sales and marketing to establish volumes, product mix, and assortment requirements for holiday periods to meet budget requirements.
- Deliver presentations to key suppliers in cooperation with farm coordinators as needed.
- Must be able to travel to visit suppliers and trade shows as required.